Head: Ing. Kuzmík Ján, DrSc.
Deputy Head: Ing. Ťapajna Milan, PhD.;
The research at the department aims technology development, detail characterization, and application of III-V semiconductors for micro- and opto-electronics. The focus is given to quantum- and nano-structures based on InAlN/(In)GaN, AlGaN/GaN, AlGaAs/GaAs, InGaP/GaAs, and InGaP/GaP material systems. The department operates two MOCVD growth systems, one for III-N materials (CCS system), second for the III-As and III-P materials (horizontal system).
- Switching HFETs based on III-N semiconductors
- Gate isolation and passivation for HFETs based on III-N and III-V semiconductors
- Fast HFETs with InN channel material
- GaP core-shell heterojunction nanowires
- Application of nanowires for photonic structures
Current research focus:
- Development of processing technology for switching HFETs based on III-N semiconductors featuring high Vth and low ON-state resistance
- Feasibility study and development of HFETs with InN channel region
- Development of processing technology towards surface states and gate leakage suppression in III-N and III-V MOS-HFETs
- Development of compact anti-refractive layers covered by nanowires
- Study of nanowire early growth phase using different seeding strategies
- Growth of III-V heterostructures on non-planar substrates
- Hetero-integration of III-N and III-V devices