Head: Ing. Kováč Pavol, DrSc.
Deputy Head: doc. Ing. Gömöry Fedor, DrSc.;
The Department studies and develops superconducting wires, tapes and cables for DC and AC applications.
- AC loss in superconductors
- Superconducting materials
- Magnetic-superconductor composite
At present the research is focused on following problems:
- Theory of AC loss in superconducting cables and coils
- Filamentary MgB2 superconductors development for DC and AC applications
- Experimental studies of AC loss in YBCO coated tapes and MgB2 wires
- Transport current characteristics of YBCO tapes and MgB2 wires
- Electro-mechanical characteristics of YBCO tapes and MgB2 wires
- Structural studies of MgB2 wires