Head: Mgr. Enric Pardo, PhD.
Deputy Head: Ing. Pavol Kováč, DrSc.
Department studies superconducting properties of materials and develops superconducting wires, cables and coils for DC and AC applications.
Main research areas:
- AC loss in superconductors
- Superconducting materials and conductors – MgB2 wires, mono- and multifilamentary
- Magnetic-superconductor composites – magnetic invisibility cloaks
- Theory of AC loss in superconducting cables and windings
- Study of superconducting properties of thin films for superconducting radiofrequency accelerating cavities (SRF)