Head: Mgr. Zaťko Bohumír, PhD.
Deputy Head: Ing. Vanko Gabriel, PhD.
The main research of department is concentrated on the technology preparation of different types of thin films, characterization and study of sensor structures useful in microwave, terahertz and ionizing radiation detection.
- Detection of ionizing radiation and X-ray crystal optics
- Superconductive, ferromagnetic, dielectric and nano-porous thin films
- Microelectronic, micromechanic and sensoric devices and structures
- R&D of MEMS devices for harsh environments
- Fabrication and study of 2D materials – transition metal dichalcogenides